Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Back Pain = No Bueno

This week has been quite the medical adventure.

Since Wildflower (May 1) I have logged exactly two workouts - one Bikram Yoga session and one sad four mile run. I definitely injured my lower back during the race, so I thought it would be wise to take it easy for a couple of weeks.

Yoga session + run = pain.

I finally made an appointment to see my doc this week, followed by x-rays and an order for physical therapy. So far I have not heard about the x-rays, but was told no news was good news. My prescription for super-charged Aleve seems to be helping, but it will take a good two weeks for the swelling to subside.

Meanwhile, I am hoping to sign up for Barb's race and start training again. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

1 comment:

Association of University Lecturers and Researchers - Iraq said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.