Friday, November 13, 2009

I've Lost My Mind!

Greetings, readers. It's been a while, but a lot has gone on during my hiatus. Long story short...I am in the early stages of training for the Wildflower 1/2 Ironman on May 1, 2010! I was inspired by some former running buddies from the marathon team, and my new tri-friend (and former high school classmate) Scott. Thanks to Scott, I have a box full of new gear and goodies. I'm quickly realizing this sport requires A LOT of goodies.

The training season started 2 weeks ago, and so far I've logged a couple of swim workouts (including first group swim). Due to lingering illness, I will miss the group run tomorrow morning, but I plan to get back on track this Sunday if all goes well. I decided to train with TNT again, since I had such a positive experience with the summer marathon team raising funds and logging miles!

I'm really excited to get more involved in swimming and cycling. I was getting so burned out on running toward the end of the summer/post-marathon, and it's nice to look forward to a workout schedule again. I know I am a nicer, less stressed, more productive, and overall better person when I'm active and working toward a physical goal.

I will be updating much more frequently and no doubt logging every last detail about new purchases, training milestones, and overall triathlon adventures.

The current "To Do" list:

1) Purchase new running shoes
2) Purchase bike
3) Start logging some miles
4) Get my nutrition plan together

**If you are looking to donate to a worthy cause, check out my fundraising page!** http://pages.teamintraining.org/los/wildtri10/jenshaw1

2 comments:

Pining for Pinterest said...

Wow, I am impressed. I would love to be able to work up to that one day! Way to go!

Jen said...

Thanks Staci! I'm sure you could do the same thing if you wanted to. It's all about starting slow and being patient with yourself! :)