Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

I can't believe it's 2010! I know this is going to be a great year in the world of training, racing, and beyond.

One of my resolutions is to maintain my blog a bit more consistently, so in the meantime, here are some "mini updates" from my TNT website. More to come soon!

1/3/10: Happy New Year friends! It's been a great couple of weeks - getting deeper into training and working in some early morning sessions. I am beginning to experience some aches and pains, but I know this comes with the territory as the schedule gets more intense. I am not quite used to the days that include two sessions, but I'll get there.

We had a hilly team ride through Pacific Palisades yesterday, which definitely tested my nerves. I feel much more comfortable on the bike, but going downhill on Sunset Blvd with cars flying by has a way of challenging that comfort :)

12/20: It was a beautiful morning yesterday for a good team ride at the Rose Bowl. I'm feeling much more comfortable with the bike (especially the dreaded clips). Swimming and biking are a blast, but I need to get some running in!

12/17: Training is definitely getting more intense, and I am quickly realizing I need to make some sacrifices if I am going to be successful. This morning I was up at 4:30 am and off for a bike ride. Last night I swam for about an hour at the LMU pool. Today = sore legs! Looking forward to a rest day tomorrow. Thankfully, I am still feeling excited and optimistic about this adventure :)

12/05: First fundraising event was very successful! Thanks to all the Murrieta community members who supported LLS at the garage sale today. A special thanks to my parents for their help/use of the driveway!

12/02: First bike practice took place last Saturday. It was great to be on the road. I see how people easily become addicted to this sport! Last night we took the swimming up a notch at the group practice. I need to concentrate on drills and form this week in my individual practice time. A long road to go!

11/21: I bought my first road bike yesterday! It's a Trek 1.5 2009. I can't wait to get on it more and learn the ropes. One of the best things about triathlon training is learning two new sports. The swimming continues to go well, but I have a long way to go! Thanks for all the support, friends.

11/10: First swim practice in Culver City. It was great to train with the group for the first time, and I really enjoyed being in the pool. I can tell this is going to be tough, but COMPLETELY worth it!

No comments: