Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hitting the Wall

Last Saturday we upped the mileage again...to 16!! I actually felt fairly good until about mile 15, where I completely hit the wall. My knees were in bad shape, and I could not conceive of continuing uphill for another mile. I ran-walked my way through, and managed to run continuously for the last quarter mile. I still feel great when I think about how much terrain we covered. I will be on a mission this week to investigate additional knee support options, before the 17 miles slated for our next long run.

Tonight I eeked out 2 miles; my chest still feeling tight after a week of illness. Tomorrow I need to get 6 miles on the books, followed by 3 more and cross-training on Thursday.

In an effort to relax after a day of work, and recover from a disappointing workout, I decided to cook a new healthy post-run meal: Peruvian turkey breast cutlets, mini zucchini, and sweet potato with agave nectar and cinnamon. The marinade was super easy to make...


2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, smashed
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crumbled (had some of Mom's garden bounty handy!)
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Pinch ground pepper
Pinch salt



2 comments:

Toni said...

I'll be over for dinner!

Keep it up, Jen. You're my hero!

Anonymous said...

You're so shiny!