Monday, May 4, 2009

18 Miles and $660.00

A hilly, 18 Mile route is what I ran successfully on Saturday...$660.00 is what I have to raise for cancer research by May 13th!

Blessed by a layer of fog and clouds during our run on Saturday, I finished feeling strong after 18 miles from Malaga Cove to the Trump Golf Course in PV. The Palos Verdes Marathon/Half was talking place at the same time, so it was interesting to encounter the racers along the way. I think the enthusiasm in the air gave me an added boost to keep going, and focus on my own race which is a mere 27 days away! I am definitely nervous, but probably more excited at this point. There are so many unknowns on a long run, and I just have to trust that all will work out.

This week my mission is to raise the final $660 to reach my goal of $2500. If you have been waiting to donate, now is the time! http://pages.teamintraining.org/los/rnr09/jennifershaw Thanks to all who have...you are amazing!

Here I am with some teammates, probably delirious at one of the aid stations on Saturday...


No comments: