Saturday, March 21, 2009

Shoes, a Belt, and the Missed Mile

Just returned from a 12-miler* and I feel pretty good... especially compared to last week. I think there are a few good reasons for this. First, I bought new shoes yesterday. They are awesome, and make all the difference in the world. Second, I bought a fuel belt. At first I thought a 4-bottle belt would be WAY too much... but it was perfect. I was much more attentive to drinking water during this run, and the hydration helped with my overall energy and mood.
The course today had some amazing scenery along the bluffs of Palos Verdes Estates. *On the way back my running partner and I made a wrong turn through a neighborhood and ended up cutting almost a mile off the run. So technically, we ran around 11.4 miles. Close enough to 12 for me! (With warm-up, we were practically there anyway).

I'm partially hidden, on the right...



2 comments:

Toni said...

I'd know those elbows anywhere. ;) Where did you find the fuel belt?

Jen said...

A running store called Road Runner Sports...they have a location in Torrance :)
www.roadrunnersports.com