Monday, February 2, 2009

New Commitments







Last year at the beginning of April I decided to commit myself to getting healthier. I knew I needed to lose weight, start eating better, and reduce my stress levels. I just started a new job, was working on my dissertation, and traveling a lot in the process. I made the decision to revise my eating habits, and start going to classes at Recreate Pilates near my home. I started cooking more with fresh ingredients (something I need to get back to) and was eating out less. With the support of family and friends, I dropped 31 pounds in about 6 months. I made the choice to try and maintain that weight loss for a few months without actively trying to lose more.

It's now been 3 months, and I'm ready for a new challenge. Based on the positive experiences of friends who trained in the past, I made the commitment to join the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training program. I plan to run the Rock 'n' Roll San Diego Marathon on May 31, 2009. My first group practice is Saturday, May 7th. I've been casually running for a few weeks now for a bit of a head start. It's been about 12 years since I ran competitively (mostly 5ks and track-related events). A big part of training with TNT is raising money for blood cancer research, education, and awareness.
Please visit my fundraising link at:
If you choose to donate, I will list your name and donation amount on this site. If you represent a business, I will permanently post your logo and/or website address. Future posts will track my training and new health goals! Thanks for the support, and check back often!

No comments: