Wednesday, July 1, 2009

In Love...

with the new Garmin! How did I ever live without this before?? I'm still learning some of the tricks and advanced options, but so far this is a fantastic tool. I highly recommend taking advantage of the Costco.com sale if you are thinking about getting one. (Caution: the sale ends July 5th). I also tried the HR monitor this morning for the first time. I was initially concerned it would irritate me, but I barely felt it. Mind you, the run was only 3.5 miles. Something tells me that after 16, you'd definitely be aware of the strap wrapped around your torso.

Other than a few aches and pains (left knee and right ankle), I am feeling good about beginning a schedule to maintain/increase my fitness for the Disneyland Half Marathon on September 6th. Ongoing TNT alumni runs on Saturday mornings will be a big plus, as I motivate myself to keep up the weekly long runs. Next step: adapting the marathon training schedule to the mileage necessary for the half. I'm guessing this will seem like a breeze compared to the last 5 months!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi... just happen to cross your site... I see that you also love Disney... me too...

Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:
disneycloth.cwahi.net

I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!