Friday, July 24, 2009

Race Planning

Even though I have yet to run my first post-marathon race (Disneyland Half September 6th), I'm already thinking about my next marathon. Originally I was planning on RNR Phoenix in January, but they just announced that the L.A. Marathon will be moved back to March in 2010... AND it will be the "stadium to the sea" route! Given that I've lived in L.A. most of my adult life, I feel somewhat obligated (in a good way) to run in March. I also had considered the Pittsburgh Marathon in May, since I might be there around that time for Ph.D. purposes anyway. Obviously this would not work out if I am running L.A. less than two months before. With all this in mind, here is the current plan:

September 6th: Disneyland Half
December 6th: RNR Las Vegas Half
March 21st: L.A. Marathon

This certainly has the potential to change, but for now I'm sticking to it!

No comments: