Sunday, July 26, 2009

Simple, Scrumptious, Healthy

One of the downfalls of living in my otherwise delightfully quirky apartment is the lack of sunny outdoor space. I would LOVE to have space for a garden, so I could grow all the healthy veggies I try to cook with. The good news is, both Paula and my Mom have fabulous gardens -and are willing to share!!

Yesterday while visiting in Murrieta, my Mom taught me how to make another one of her scrumptious dishes: simple roasted tomatoes over pasta. I loved it so much, I decided to take advantage of the homegrown Romas Paula gave me, and make up a batch for lunch today...

The "before"... Roma tomatoes sliced in half, some salt and pepper, fresh dried oregano from Mom's garden, sprinkled breadcrumbs, drizzled with olive oil, and garnished with sliced garlic.




The "after"... roasted goodness with yummy burned bits.


Added on top of brown rice pasta with a little extra olive oil, salt and pepper.



It's good to be the daughter of a talented Italian ;)


6 comments:

The Daily Dung said...

Looks really tasty! You can make it for me when I return!!

Toni said...

Extra yummy with a grating of romano or parmesano. Diet dependent, of course!

Toni said...

Oh, by the way...very nicely done. :)

Jen said...

Diet or no diet...there's always room for cheese! :)

Unknown said...

Atta girl. ;)

Jen said...

I think I need some lessons from those food stager people they feature on the Food Network!